For determination of ovulation phase and optimal breeding time.
10 minute test time, start to finish for individual tests including Total T4, cTSH, Cortisol, Bile Acids and Progesterone.
Completely Automated Procedure
Load sample, load consumables and press START. No measuring, mixing, conjugating or incubating.
For use with cortisol values outside the reportable range.
Easy to Use
Simple interface with small benchtop footprint, the Element i compliments any in-house lab suite.
Upon receiving a low Total T4 result, immediately confirm canine hypothyroidism with cTSH.
Stop overpaying for in-clinic blood testing and analysis.
Heska’s Reset program provides veterinarians with accurate, better and faster blood testing and analysis at 40% less cost than with other competitive in-house diagnostic laboratory services.
Simplified Testing Protocol and Immediate Diagnostic Information
Best in Class Technology
SPF Fluorometry measures three accurate, quantitative immunodiagnostic assays
Assign, unassign or delete multiple items at once
Seamless Data Management
Integrate with HeskaView Integrated Software Program and the Data Capture Utility for rapid retrieval of patient data
Our hospital has used Heska products since opening the practice in 2004, and has had experience with several generations of Heska Lab analyzers, as well as competitive products. I can truly say that the reliability and accuracy of the Heska system and service is superior. The ease of use on the system and the speed in which entire profiles are completed has streamlined our testing and increased lab efficiency in the hospital.
Cummings Veterinary Hospital
Technical Details & Downloads
The Element i Immunodiagnostic Analyzer supports your diagnostic needs with the following tests.
- Total T4: Screen for hyper or hypothyroidism and monitor patients being treated for thyroid disorders.
- cTSH: Following abnormal Total T4 result, test TSH for immediate in-house hypothyroidism confirmation.
- Cortisol: Screen for Cushing’s or Addison’s Disease.
- Bile Acids: Accurate pre and post prandial measurements for diagnosis of liver diseases.
- Progesterone: Determine ovulation phase for optimal breeding time.
Diagnosing Hypothyroidism in Dogs
Low T4 and High cTSH are two sides of the same coin.
When the thyroid gland does not produce enough T4, a signal is sent from the pituitary gland in the form of increased cTSH (thyroid stimulating hormone). cTSH signals the thyroid gland to produce more T4. If the thyroid gland is unable to respond by producing adequate levels of T4 in response to higher concentrations of cTSH, hypothyroidism should be the primary differential.
Be conﬁdent. Measure both. Total T4 and cTSH.
- Relying on low T4 alone is not sufficient to diagnose hypothyroidism
- Normal T4 and Normal cTSH largely rules out hypothyroidism
- Low T4 and High cTSH largely confirms hypothyroidism
Common Tests and Associations for Hypothyroidism
- Low Total T4 points to the possibility of hypothyroidism
- High cTSH indicates hypothyroidism when T4 is low
- Elevated cholesterol may be associated
- Mild anemia may be associated
- Elevated white blood cell count may be associated
- SPF Fluorometry measures three accurate, quantitative immunodiagnostic assays.
- Respected FUJIFILM technology.
- Simple interface and operation with a small benchtop footprint.
Dimensions and Weight
Heska Support Teams are Here for You
We’re Available When You Need Us
Rest assured that when you need help, have questions, or have difficulties, we have you covered.
- Available 6:00am – 5:00pm MST Daily
- Emergency Support During Off-Hours
- Case Consultations or Product Usage Help