Fast and Accurate Results
Delivering accurate results in only 55 seconds and with only 20 uL (about one drop) of blood.
Color LCD Touchscreen
Provides easy navigation.
Step-by-Step Instruction Screens
System prompts reduce the need for training.
On-Board Blood Tube Mixer
Mix samples in as little as one minute.
Whole Blood Sampling
Aspirate whole blood from an EDTA tube.
True20 Sampling Option
For small or dehydrated patients, requiring only 20 μl (about one drop) of blood.
Proven impedance technology. Ease-of-use features.
Color Coded Reagent System
A convenient tray houses reagent bottles; color-coded caps protect reagents from environmental contaminants.
Integrated Barcode Reader
Managing quality control is faster and easier than ever.
Highly Precise and Accurate
Delivering excellent precision and accuracy across a wide range of values.
Proven Impedance Technology
Consistently and reliably identifies abnormalities that require blood film review.
Precise Sample Measurement and Cell Counting
Ensures precise sample measurement by utilizing shear valve technology to “shear off” a very precise amount of sample for dilution.
Intelligent Information Messages
Providing important and intelligent information messages related to pathology present in the sample.
We have had the Heska HemaTrue in our internal medicine practice for several years and completely trust the results that we get. We deal with very sick animals on a daily basis, and love the fact that we can get such fast results. Getting an accurate CBC in a minute is invaluable.”
Cobb Veterinary Internal Medicine
Technical Details & Downloads
Exclusive True20™ Sampling
The HemaTrue analyzer gives you the ability to run a complete CBC with a 20-μl sample (about one drop)—a significant benefit with small or dehydrated patients. True20™ Sampling involves the use of a 20-μl EDTA-coated capillary tube and an adapter for use in the analyzer.
Intelligent Information Messages
The HemaTrue hematology system provides intelligent information messages related to pathology present in the sample. These messages are intended to be a guide to sample result criteria for slide review that may be used in a laboratory. We anticipate you may see these messages in up to 50% of the samples you analyze. This is not an indication of a system problem. It is an indication that additional diagnostic information may be found on the slide to supplement the instrument results. Examples of pathology messages from the HemaTrue analyzer include:
- Leukopenia; recommend scanning slide: The total WBC and differential are reliable. Pathology of WBC often associated with leukopenia may be detected on slide review. Review blood film for presence of neutrophil toxic change and/or left shift. This is useful to differentiate severe inflammatory consumption from bone marrow injury.
- Anemia; evaluate RBC on slide: When significant anemia is present, it is typical to evaluate RBC for clues to the cause of anemia.
- Evaluate platelets on slide: When platelets are decreased below certain level, it is advised to rule out platelet clumping on slide as cause. Certain differential results will also suggest that the slide be reviewed by scanning to make sure that the slide does not contain abnormal WBC that may not be detectable by an instrument system.
- Total White Blood Cell Count (WBC)
- Lymphocyte concentration in absolute number and percentage (LYMPH)
- Monocyte concentration in absolute number and percentage (MONO)
- Granulocyte concentration in absolute number and percentage (GRAN)
- WBC size distribution histogram Hematocrit (HCT)
- Mean Cell Volume of RBCs (MCV)
- Red Cell Distribution Width in absolute number and percentage (RDW)
- RBC size distribution histogram Hemoglobin Concentration (HGB)
- Mean Cell Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC)
- Mean Cell Hemoglobin (MCH)
- Total Red Blood Cell Count (RBC)
- Total Platelet Count (PLT)
- Mean Platelet Volume (MPV)
- PLT size distribution histogram
Best-in-Class Impedance Technology
Impedance technology is a proven, well-established method for deriving many components of the complete blood count (CBC).
While it may seem counter-intuitive that a 3-part differential would provide more reliable diagnoses than a 5-part differential, numerous studies have demonstrated that:
- Impedance technology produces a granulocyte measurement that is highly consistent from animal to animal.
- The behavior of eosinophils is inconsistent. In some animals, eosinophils may merge with neutrophils or monocytes, even on the Bayer ADVIA® 120 system (gold standard).
- No veterinary hematology system has been validated for the ability to enumerate basophils.
- The inconsistent behavior of animal WBC in light scatter systems and the high incidence of undetected pathologic abnormalities by all instrument systems are such that most laboratories perform a microscopy differential on all samples.
- Some abnormalities may occur in the WBC that cannot be identified by any instrument system and are only detected by scanning stained blood films.
- Software configurations associated with impedance technology are more adaptable to a wider range of species than light scatter systems.
The HemaTrue analyzer is proven to consistently and reliably identify abnormalities that require blood film review. Using blood films in conjunction with a hematology system, the practitioner can verify there are no abnormalities in the instrument-generated differential. Abnormalities beyond the expertise of the in-hospital laboratory may then be referred to a clinical pathologist for review.
Precise Sample Measurement and Cell Counting
The HemaTrue analyzer uses technologies found in high-end reference analyzers to ensure precise sample measurement. Utilizing shear valve technology, it “shears off” a very precise amount of sample for dilution. Since counts are reported as X number of cells per microliter of blood, the quantity of blood used for analysis must be precise and reproducible. The shear valve excels at this task for making dilutions.
The HemaTrue analyzer also utilizes metering tubes to accurately count the number of cells in a given volume of diluted blood. Other analyzers count cells by drawing sample through the aperture for a fixed period of time, for example, 10 seconds. This may lead to inaccurate cell counts if the opening is restricted due to build-up of protein from previous blood samples. Fewer cells pass through the orifice during the 10-second interval. Metering tube technology allows the HemaTrue analyzer to count cells based on a fixed volume, not a fixed time. If the aperture opening is restricted, the sample flows slower through the aperture but also flows slower through the metering tubes. Regardless of the speed, cell counting is initiated at the “Start” point and ends at the “Stop” point. The volume of fluid in the metering tube (270 μl), and thus the volume of sample drawn through the aperture, remains the same time after time.
|Measuring Principle RBC, WBC, PLT||Impedance, with individual cell analysis|
|Measuring Principle HGB||Photometer, Cyanide-free method 535 nm ±5 nm|
|Discriminator Configurations||Pre-programmed for dog, cat, rabbit, ferret, horse and cow. Additional discriminator configurations available upon request.|
|Sampling System||Closed shear valve|
|Parameters Reported||Leukocytes: WBC, LYMPH#, MONO#, GRAN#, LYMPH%, MONO%, GRAN%, WBC Histogram Erythrocytes: HCT, MCV, RDWa, RDW%, HGB, MCHC, MCH, RBC, RBC Histogram Platelets: PLT, MPV, PLT Histogram|
|Aspirated Blood Volume (open tubes)||<125 μl|
|Blood Volume Using the Micropipette Adapter (MPA)||20 μl|
|LCD||Graphical color touch screen, 240 columns x 320 rows|
|Keyboard||Virtual incorporated keyboard (external keyboard optional)|
|Analysis Time||<1 minute|
|QC Capabilities||Complete automation, including positive lot and expiry monitoring, result evaluation, and trend-tracking with Levy-Jennings plots.|
|Floating Discriminator WBC/PLT||Yes (position printed)|
|Automatic HGB Blank on Each Sample||Yes|
|Bar Code Reader Input||Yes|
|Temperature||18–32° C (64–90° F)|
|Humidity (none condensing)||Up to 80%|
|Analyzer Dimensions (H x W x D)||16.1 in. x 11.4 in. x 18.1 in.|
|Data Transfer||RS–232C interface (1 port), USB interface (3 ports)|
Heska Support Teams are Here for You
We’re Available When You Need Us
Rest assured that when you need help, have questions, or have difficulties, we have you covered.
- Available 6:00am – 5:00pm MST Daily
- Emergency Support During Off-Hours
- Case Consultations or Product Usage Help